“The services of The Center make my life better knowing someone cares about me.” Jean
The Center is dedicated to meeting the needs of seniors, adults with disabilities and their family caregivers in Wake County through a “neighbor helping neighbor” approach to caregiving. Our goal is to provide volunteer services to help our friends and neighbors live as independently as possible for as long as possible, while maintaining their dignity and quality of life.
Because the services we offer to our Care Receivers are provided through Volunteers, you are important to us. We are committed to working with you to ensure that your volunteer experience is both positive and meaningful.
How to join our volunteer team
Step 1: Fill out a Volunteer Application
- Our volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. You can volunteer if you are younger than 18 but an adult who is a trained volunteer must be with you at all times.
- To access the Volunteer Application, please fill out the "Sign Up to Volunteer" form below. We will email you a link to your own personal site where you can apply and enroll in orientation!
- On your application, be sure to provide two personal, non-family references that support eligibility.
- Volunteer Eligibility Policy
Step 2: Complete Volunteer Orientation
There are two ways to complete Volunteer Orientation
- We currently are offering only group orientation conducted virtually via webex.
- Sign up for Group Orientation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See below for dates/times of the upcoming Group Orientations.
- Prior to the Orientation, you will need to download a copy of the Volunteer Handbook
- Registration is important. If fewer than three people register for an orientation session, the session will be cancelled. Those who have registered will be notified if an orientation is cancelled. In the case of inclement weather, The Center will follow the Wake County School closings. If schools are closed, orientations will be cancelled.
Step 3: Submit the Necessary Documents
- Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
- Copy of your current auto insurance card or declarations page of policy.
- Completed Criminal Background Check Authorization form or verbal consent to run a background check using your social security number. Read more about The Center’s Background Check Policy.
- $20 application processing fee which helps us cover the cost of the background check. Click here to pay fee . Please let our staff know if the fee presents an economic hardship for you.
Sign Up to Volunteer
After you submit this form, check your email for instructions on how to complete the application!
Upcoming Group Orientations
All volunteer orientation sessions currently are being held virtually via Webex. Upcoming orientation sessions are:
Tues., Feb. 7, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Mon., Feb. 20, 2023 at 4:00 pm
Wed., Mar. 8, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Tues., Mar. 28, 2023 at 2:00 pm
“As an 80-year-old widow with some health problems, I can safely live independently and enjoy a good quality of life with a happy heart and a peaceful mind.” – Meher
Already a Volunteer?
Email my link!