“The services of The Center make my life better knowing someone cares about me.” Jean
The Center is dedicated to meeting the needs of seniors, adults with disabilities and their family caregivers in Wake County through a “neighbor helping neighbor” approach to caregiving. Our goal is to provide volunteer services to help our friends and neighbors live as independently as possible for as long as possible, while maintaining their dignity and quality of life.
Because the services we offer to our Care Receivers are provided through Volunteers, you are important to us. We are committed to working with you to ensure that your volunteer experience is both positive and meaningful.
How to join our volunteer team
Step 1: Fill out a Volunteer Application
- To access the Volunteer Application, please fill out the “Sign Up to Volunteer” form below. We will email you a link to your own personal site where you can apply and enroll in orientation!
- On your application, be sure to provide two personal, non-family references that support eligibility.
- Volunteer Eligibility Policy
Step 2: Complete Volunteer Orientation
There are two ways to complete Volunteer Orientation
- View the Online Orientation and then schedule an Interview at our office.
- Sign up and join us for a Group Orientation.
- View the Calendar to see the upcoming Group Orientation times and locations.
- Information on how to sign up for and complete both Online and Group Orientations are located on your Personal Site. For both options, you will need to download a copy of the Volunteer Handbook
- Registration is important. If fewer than five people register for an orientation session, the session will be cancelled. Those who have registered will be notified if an orientation is cancelled. In the case of inclement weather, The Center will follow the Wake County School closings. If schools are closed, orientations will be cancelled.
Step 3: Submit the Necessary Documents
- Copy of your valid Driver’s License.
- Copy of your current auto insurance card or declarations page of policy.
- If your social security number was issued after June 2011, bring your social security card so we can verify the issue date.
- Completed Criminal Background Check Authorization form . Read more about The Center’s Background Check Policy.
- $20 application processing fee is due before attending a Group Orientation or scheduling an interview. Click here to pay fee .
Sign Up to Volunteer
After you submit this form, check your email for instructions on how to complete the application!
Upcoming Group Orientations
Feb. 18, 2020 (Tues.) Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Mar. 4, 2020 (Wed.) Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Mar. 18, 2020 (Wed.) Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
April 7, 2020 (Tues.) Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
April 22, 2020 (Wed.) Time: 12:00 – 2:00 pm
All orientations will be held at The Center for Volunteer Caregiving, 1150 SE Maynard Rd., Suite 210, Cary, NC 27511.
The Center may cancel the orientation if less than 4 people register.
Online Orientation available 24/7
There are 3 modules that take about 20 minutes each and may stopped and started, making it easy to complete on your schedule.
“As an 80-year-old widow with some health problems, I can safely live independently and enjoy a good quality of life with a happy heart and a peaceful mind.” – Meher
Already a Volunteer?
Through your Personal Site, you can update your information, find volunteer opportunities and report your hours.
If you are an existing volunteer and would like us to send you an email with the link to your personal site, click below and fill out the form:
Email my link!