Do you want to help seniors, adults with disabilities and caregivers live as independently as possible for as long as possible? Then consider applying for The Community Engagement Coordinator position at The Center for Volunteer Caregiving.
The Community Engagement Coordinator coordinates and administers all activities related to recruiting, training and engaging volunteers to support the mission and vision of The Center for Volunteer Caregiving.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment, retention and recognition of volunteers throughout the agency.
- Engages the community and develops and strengthens partnerships to support the vision “where people of all ages are connected, valued and cared for.”
- Sets annual strategic plan goals and strategies for Volunteer/Community Engagement.
- Reviews, evaluates and stays current on Best Practices for Volunteer Engagement across generations and skill sets.
- Leads staff to respond to inquiries in reference to volunteer opportunities and registration for volunteer training.
- Manages and coordinates group projects for the agency working with other staff to implement, supervise and evaluate results.
- Conducts on-going evaluation of volunteer system, effectiveness, and utilization through surveys, database analysis, and personal contacts as appropriate.
- Coordinates and delivers training for volunteers and works cooperatively with program staff to match to appropriate activities and service either direct or skills based.
- Evaluates results and prepares related reports for program management.
- Plans and coordinates ongoing recognition of volunteers including, but not limited to the Annual Volunteer Recognition event.
- Plans and manages online communication including social media to best communicate with volunteers and other stakeholders to strengthen connection to The Center for Volunteer Caregiving.
- Maintains database and back up written documentation for volunteers.
- Serves as resource for the community and provides information and referral for issues related to older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Actively participates with board, staff and volunteers in the shared responsibility to communicate, market and fundraise for the agency.
- Performs related duties as requested or required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, social sciences, or related field. Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills, required. Strong project management, time management, organizational and administrative skills; high attention to details. Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office Suite and database management. Previous experience in volunteer administration and social media, required. Experience in Volunteers for Salesforce, highly desired.
Apply by sending a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to Susan Meador, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com.
No phone calls please.